Uplift Summer Camps
Rising 3rd - 5th Graders
M/W 10:30-12:00 with a 10 min break
Rising 6th - 8th Graders
T/Th 10:30-12:00 with a 10 min break
Writing Clearly for Kids!
Summer Camp 2021
Summer Camp 2021
It goes without saying that we are all navigating new learning opportunities and avenues. For several years now, Uplift has offered super fun summer camps. This summer, we will have the same great camps, but in a new format. The camp outlined below will be run in small groups of 4-8 students via Zoom. We hope to get together in person at a local park for a few sessions or even in the Uplift office if allowed and safe for us all.
Uplift's 2021 Summer Writing Camp makes writing fun! Kids learn crucial writing skills, strategies, and techniques while reading powerful stories, telling stories of their own, and writing about things that matter to them. Participants will work on small, medium, and large scoped writing tasks that will evolve over the summer. The general session breakdown is as follows:
1. Writing exercise and warm-up--fun small tasks to practice an element of storytelling or craft.
2. Mini-lesson on writing technique--from storytelling to style, these lessons will cover crucial skills and strategies that make writing work.
3. Reading Discussion--developing critical thinking skills and discerning taste that are essential to being an effective writer.
4. Large Piece workshop--over the course of the summer, participants will work through the writing process on larger literary projects.
5. At home exercises and instructor feedback outside of meetings.
Eight Week Writing Class
Cost for the full course and all materials $795
Class size 4-8 students.